Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Goodbye, or maybe not?

Two days ago Mr Batson posted the standings.  And, to tell the truth, I was a bit disappointed.  Not in any of Swiftstorms members-by no means that-, I couldn't ask for a better tribe.  But I had thought by conversing with other tribes that we had possible victory in hand.  But nonetheless we didn't.  We came in third.  Silvertree second, Nighwing first.  I think it is possible that we could have second, however, we get the same prizes whether we be in second, third, or fourth, so I'm going to let Silvertree enjoy their victory over us.  
So, it has come to the end of tribe building.  And while I lament over the end of being your tribe leader, I'm also filled with joy at how well my tribe did, you guys did awesome!  But, like I said in the title of this post "maybe not?", it may not be over.  I have taken the liberty of emailing Mr Batson about a possible sequel to the Tribe Building game.  I have not received a response.  However, if he responds with an affirmative YES then I'm going to see if I can get some perks for Swiftstorm as well as other tribes.  Such as getting to keep the name SWIFTSTORM for the next contest.  Or being able to start recruiting now instead of waiting till the game starts. 

So, my question to you in this final post-for now- is, if there is a second tribe building challenge, will you join SWIFTSTORM again and give us a second chance.

Seth,

Here is a letter Mr Batson sent to Swiftstorm:

To Seth and Tribe Swiftstorm

I will be posting the final results for the Tribe Building Contest on my blog and on the Underground, FB and everywhere else....tonight.

Without focusing on Win/Loss, I just wanted to say thank you. On behalf of a mission that is much bigger than Wayne Batson or Christopher Hopper writing books, you and your team came through BIG TIME. The seeds you have planted here may well lead hundreds of people and beyond a few steps closer to the Lord, and where from there? Ah, in Heaven, I bet we'll all find out.

I don't know, but I can guess how busy your lives already are. I know all of this took tons of extra time and effort. And, well…I want you to know I appreciate your effort so much. I feel like, in a way, we've gone to battle together.

So for now, I lift my sword in your honor. Well fought!

Never alone.

-Wayne Thomas Batson

3 comments:

  1. What is Swiftstorm? I found this place by navigating from Bryan Davis' blog... This sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Def Seth! (Thomas here)
    At Kayli.. WE'RE ON BRYAN DAVIS'S BLOG!??!?!??!??!?!?!?!??!!?!?!?! AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    (forgive the Caps)
    @Kaylie: This was a contest set up by authors Christopher Hopper and Wayne Thomas Batson. Swifstorm was our "team's" name.

    ReplyDelete